Monday, October 02, 2006

Taking a break



August -

Family descended from the four corners of the earth for a summer holiday. Time was spent at the seaside and basking in the glorious Welsh sun. So the roof remained unchanged for most of the summer apart from a couple days when the temperature was cooler when I did some multitasking - sunbathing and slating at once.

I also went on a course at Ty Mawr, in the Brecon Beacons, to learn how to use lime in repointing, plastering and lime washing. See, http://www.lime.org.uk/

It was a fascinating and informative time for me. I hope the use of lime products will allow this poor old building to breathe. Years of having concrete thrown at it have made it sweat and has contributed to the moisture problem inside.

I took along a sample of the old mortar to have it analysed and matched to make the new pointing blend in better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home